Followers

About Me

My photo
Perth, Perthshire, United Kingdom
Welcome to my little corner of the World! I live in Perthshire Scotland with my wonderful husband Eric. We have a daughter, Corinne who is married to Rob and lives in New Zealand, with their boys Harrison and twins Hadley and Dylan. Marie who has a wee boy Jackson, and Greg and his wife Kim, their wee girl Freya, even smaller baby boy Freddie and dog Buddy. I am happy when I am in my craft room, and I love making cards for Charity and also for commissions. I love scrapbooking, and I get my inspiration from my Grandchildren. They are the subjects in most of my Scrapbooking layouts. I have just started to do Mixed Media work, and I am loving it!! I have just started a craft group at our local Church centre, aptly called Saints and Scissors Club! If you can't find me, I will be in my craft room, buried under tons of stash lol!

Sunday 17 August 2014

Summer!!! Scrapbook Magazine Issue 83

Scrapbook Magazine Issue 83





My Design Team layout in this Issue was based on the title - Summer 
 
I knew I couldn't rely on photos from a Scottish Summer, so The Kiwis came to the rescue once more.  The photos show Harrison and his Daddy walking in the sea.  He wasn't too keen at first, like a lot of Autistic children, but eventually he decided that he liked it.  They were at the Beach at Mount Manganui in New Zealand.  We took a trip there when we were over and it was beautiful.
 
This layout gave me the chance to use up lots of little embellishments from my stash, including a bit of netting from a bag of oranges!It's great when you can scrap with things that were free!!  There is also sunglasses, little starfish, a bottle of juice and a wee lifeguard.  With the theme of summer, the title was perfect, and the metal Surf's Up just completed it.  How I wish I was back over there instead of sitting here on a grey day in Scotland.  Never mind, we are saving like crazy to get back over there, and the trip can't come quick enough, believe me!!
 
 Must go and get some colouring done, as Jackson is not here and he won't pinch my pens!  Have a great Sunday everyone and thanks for stopping by!



No comments: