Followers

About Me

My photo
Perth, Perthshire, United Kingdom
Welcome to my little corner of the World! I live in Perthshire Scotland with my wonderful husband Eric. We have a daughter, Corinne who is married to Rob and lives in New Zealand, with their boys Harrison and twins Hadley and Dylan. Marie who has a wee boy Jackson, and Greg and his wife Kim, their wee girl Freya, even smaller baby boy Freddie and dog Buddy. I am happy when I am in my craft room, and I love making cards for Charity and also for commissions. I love scrapbooking, and I get my inspiration from my Grandchildren. They are the subjects in most of my Scrapbooking layouts. I have just started to do Mixed Media work, and I am loving it!! I have just started a craft group at our local Church centre, aptly called Saints and Scissors Club! If you can't find me, I will be in my craft room, buried under tons of stash lol!

Monday 23 July 2012

Kim's Birthday Card


Okay, would someone please tell me where Sunday went?  I said I would post these cards on Sunday, but it flew by in  a haze!!  I was busy gardening, while the rain was off, so I have an excuse!  
I made the card below for Kim for her birthday, but I wasn't sure if I liked it or not, so I made the one above as well.  I showed them to Eric and he picked the one below, so that's the one she got!  I coloured the wee dog to be the same as her dog, Buddy.  I've put his photo below so as you can see if there is a resemblance or not!!!  I didn't like my colouring too much, and felt it could have been better, even though I coloured in two images, I still was not happy.  Sometimes though, I think I may be just a bit too fussy and critical!  The images for both cards are from Mo Manning
 and I paper pieced the girl's dress on the one above.  I did my clouds again - ( favourite thing to do right now!) and used some flowers and a ribbon to decorate.  Papers are from a freebie pad which came in a magazine.  I love the papers and the pad is almost finished unfortunately!!

  I did some fancy folds on this card, and used Mirra card and my Mbossabilities  to get the paisley pattern.  The flowers are some I have had forever (more stash - yay!!) and I have had them so long I don't know where they came from! LOL!!!


I hope you think the doggie on the card  looks like Buddy!
Well I am off to make some more cards, and hopefully a layout as well!  Enjoy the rest of  your day!

No comments: