Followers

About Me

My photo
Perth, Perthshire, United Kingdom
Welcome to my little corner of the World! I live in Perthshire Scotland with my wonderful husband Eric. We have a daughter, Corinne who is married to Rob and lives in New Zealand, with their boys Harrison and twins Hadley and Dylan. Marie who has a wee boy Jackson, and Greg and his wife Kim, their wee girl Freya, even smaller baby boy Freddie and dog Buddy. I am happy when I am in my craft room, and I love making cards for Charity and also for commissions. I love scrapbooking, and I get my inspiration from my Grandchildren. They are the subjects in most of my Scrapbooking layouts. I have just started to do Mixed Media work, and I am loving it!! I have just started a craft group at our local Church centre, aptly called Saints and Scissors Club! If you can't find me, I will be in my craft room, buried under tons of stash lol!

Saturday 3 December 2011

My wonderful, special little Grandson Harrison has just celebrated his 5th birthday.  He was born 12 weeks early weighing just 2lbs 5 ozs.  He had many set backs including meningitis, a bleed to the brain, and also to his lungs.  His Mummy and Daddy thought they would lose him on more than one occasion, but against all the odds, he pulled through.  He has mild Cerebral Palsy, has limited sight and also has Autism, but he has  a smile that would light up the darkest of rooms!!  His Mummy wrote this poem for him, and I think it says everything that we, as his family feel.

A very happy birthday to my special little man,
If anyone can make me smile, you absolutely can,
You bring a ray of sunshine, to all that you do,
you're so sweet, innocent, honest and true,

It just breaks my heart for all you've been through,
Just goes to show the fighter in you,
You've come so far in such a short time,
I feel so proud to say that you're mine,

Five years have passed, in a whirl of emotion,
To think you arrived with so much commotion,
From then until now, you've grown so strong,
In my heart your love belongs,

I feel so honoured to be a mum,
with such an amazingly awesome son,
So Happy birthday Harrison, hope you have a great day,
May love, luck and happiness, all come you're way!

Love you heaps bud!!!
 


 I had to share this with you, to let everyoone know how proud we are of our wee man!!!

4 comments:

Kay said...

This poetry is so beautiful because it is so very heart felt, Rhoda. The photos are astonishing and make it clear how far this young man has traveled to get to his special 5-year anniversary of his birth.

Kathy said...

Oh, Rhoda, what a sweet little face, full of joy and life! And your DD's poem touches my heart.....your GS is lucky to have her as his mom! Thanks for sharing!

Chriss America Real said...

Oh this is just beautiful! Isn't life amazing?
Hugs to you and your family!

Chriss

Regan said...

What a touching post, Rhonda! It is remarkable how far you grandson has come in his 5 amazing years! It sounds like he is loved beyond measure, and his mom's poem is a beautiful tribute to that! Thank you for sharing and many blessings to you and your extraordinary family!