Followers

About Me

My photo
Perth, Perthshire, United Kingdom
Welcome to my little corner of the World! I live in Perthshire Scotland with my wonderful husband Eric. We have a daughter, Corinne who is married to Rob and lives in New Zealand, with their boys Harrison and twins Hadley and Dylan. Marie who has a wee boy Jackson, and Greg and his wife Kim, their wee girl Freya, even smaller baby boy Freddie and dog Buddy. I am happy when I am in my craft room, and I love making cards for Charity and also for commissions. I love scrapbooking, and I get my inspiration from my Grandchildren. They are the subjects in most of my Scrapbooking layouts. I have just started to do Mixed Media work, and I am loving it!! I have just started a craft group at our local Church centre, aptly called Saints and Scissors Club! If you can't find me, I will be in my craft room, buried under tons of stash lol!

Wednesday 16 November 2011

 Here we are again - it's Wednesday!  It is a card sketch over at Let's Scrap this week, and I made my first ever card using Clarity Stamps.  I have a box full of them and have puddled about with them, trying different brayering techniques, but this is the first complete card.  I made the background paper by brayering at the top with orange ink and then at the bottom with blue.  I then spritzed it with water and laid a sheet of cling film over it which I then scrunched up over the top of the card, and left to dry.  When I took the cling film off later, there was a lovely marbled, mottled effect and I then stamped the music staff over it.  I then stamped the centre piece and used foam pads to raise it up a wee bit.  Finally  I decorated with peel-offs and self-adhesive pearls (which were bought for a bargain in the $2 shop in New Zealand!!!)

 I was asked to make a card by my friend for a 30th (Pearl) Wedding Anniversary.  I decided to go for clean and simple and used die-cute of swirls and flowers, then decorated with pearls.
This card is my favourite one which I have made over the last week or so.  It is a Kenny K image and I have used Bo Bunny papers, Nestabilities and a poinsettia die.  I decided to veer away from traditional Christmas colours and chose my favourite colours of the moment, purple, turquoise and green.  I chalked over the Nestability shape and the poinsettia so as it wasn't stark white..  I am entering this card on The Odd Girl "My best project of the week" and here is a link to the blog.

No comments: